Welcome to Veta! We are thankful to have you with us, and we sincerely hope that you contribute actively, enabling Veta to become a rich source of information for everyone. Nobody enjoys legal fine print, but our well-wishers insist, so we’ll try to make this as simple as we can. So here goes…
Acceptance of Terms
- If you use a mobile device, please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
Registration and Eligibility
- You shall be solely responsible for maintaining the security of your account and confidentiality of information within your account.
- You are solely responsible and liable for activity that occurs on your account
- The Service is not available to individuals who are younger than 13 years old.
- You shall never use another user's account without such other user's prior express permission.
- You will immediately notify Veta in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other account related security breach of which you are aware.
- You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and, if you represent a business, any advertising, marketing, privacy, or other self-regulatory code(s) applicable to your industry.
- Veta reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a User Account in its sole discretion.
- Veta may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time.
- Content added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, posted or otherwise obtained through the Service by users, including Content that is added to the Service in connection with users linking their accounts to third party websites and services, is collectively referred to as, "User Submissions."
- All Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content.
- Veta cannot guarantee the authenticity of any Content or data which users may originate or provide about themselves.
- You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible and liable for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom.
- Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws, as applicable. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service.
- Veta does not guarantee that any Content or User Submissions will be made available on or through the Service.
- Veta may use your User Submissions in a number of different ways in connection with the Service and Veta’s business as Veta may determine in its sole discretion, including but not limited to, publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into marketing materials, advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing other users to do the same in connection with their own websites, media platforms, and applications.
- By submitting User Submissions through the Service, you hereby do and shall grant Veta a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, copy, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Submissions in connection with the Service and Veta's (and its successors and assigns') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites and feeds).
- You also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Service, a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions in connection with their use of the Service.
- You represent and warrant that you have all rights to grant such license to us without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Service is the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated; that Veta will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content; and that Veta cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using the Service.
- When you delete your User Submissions, they will be removed from the Service. However, you understand that any removed User Submissions may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but following removal will not be shared with others) or may remain with users who have previously accessed or downloaded your User Submissions.
Restrictions on Usage
You agree that you shall not take any action or upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on
or through the Service, including without limitation any User Submission, that:
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, promotes bigotry, discrimination or violence, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by Veta in its sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail ("spamming");
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, worms, logic bombs or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, disable, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Veta or any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Veta;
- includes anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information; or
You shall not (directly or indirectly):
- take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Veta in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Veta's (or its third party providers') infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service;
- bypass any measures Veta may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service);
- run any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Service;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page www.veta.life;
- harvest or scrape any Content from the Service;
- modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, republish, repurpose, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Service or Content (other than your User Submissions), except as expressly authorized by Veta;
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service (including without limitation any application or widget), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction;
- copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder; or
- otherwise take any action in violation of Veta's guidelines and policies.
Third Party Sites and Services
- The Service may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Site.
- When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
- These other websites are not under Veta's control, and you acknowledge that Veta is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources.
- The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Veta or any association with its operators.
- You further acknowledge and agree that Veta shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
- Veta may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
- If you do not agree to the revised Terms, your only recourse is to discontinue the use of the Service.
Commercial Content and Advertisements
- Some of the Service is supported by advertising revenue and the Service may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that Veta may place such advertising and promotions on the Service or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content.
- The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- You understand that Veta may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
- Veta welcomes your feedback regarding any area of Veta's existing Service.
- If you want to send us your feedback, we most gladly welcome you to do so, and request that you send it to us at email@example.com
- Please provide only specific feedback on Veta's existing products or marketing strategies.
- Any feedback you provide to Veta or any of its employees shall be deemed to be non-confidential.
- Veta shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of the feedback for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation or attribution to you.
- Veta requests you to not share any of your proprietary ideas relating to Veta and the Service, as Veta's policy does not permit acceptance or consideration of proprietary ideas of users.
- Veta may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your user account.
- If you wish to terminate your account, you may do so by deleting or uninstalling the Service from your device.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- Save to the extent required by law, Veta has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you.
- You acknowledge that Veta has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Service; what Content you access via the Service; what effects the Content may have on you; or how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content.
- You release Veta from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Service.
- The Service may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate.
- Veta makes no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Service, and Veta will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Service.
- You release Veta from all liability relating to your connections and relationships with other users.
- You understand that Veta does not, in any way, screen users, nor does Veta inquire into the backgrounds of users or attempt to verify their backgrounds or statements.
- Veta makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of users or the veracity of any information users provide.
- In no event shall Veta be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the Services, including, without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and any damages resulting in any way from communications or meetings with users or persons you may otherwise meet through the Services.
As such, you agree to take reasonable precautions and exercise the utmost personal care in all interactions with any individual you come into
contact with through the Services, particularly if you decide to meet such individuals in person.
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, USER SUBMISSIONS, CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER VETA, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “VETA PARTIES”) MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO: (i) THE SERVICE; (ii) THE CONTENT; (iii) USER SUBMISSIONS; OR (iv) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO VETA OR VIA THE SERVICE.
IN ADDITION, THE VETA PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
THE VETA PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE VETA PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE CONTENT; (C) USER SUBMISSIONS; (D) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE VETA PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY'S USE OF THE SERVICE; (F) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (G) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICE'S OPERATION; OR (H) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER'S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES, LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, WASTED EXPENDITURE, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE VETA PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE SERVICE). IN NO EVENT WILL THE VETA PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. IN NO EVENT WILL THE VETA PARTIES TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED ONE THOUSAND SRI LANKAN RUPEES (SLR 1,000.00).
YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF VETA’S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, SERVICE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE VETA PARTIES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE VETA PARTIES.
VETA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE VETA, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
Governing Law and Venue
- You and Veta agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the service must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
- Veta shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond Veta's reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including "line-noise" interference).
- You may contact Veta at the following address: No. 14, Greenlands Lane, Isipathana Mawatha, Colombo 00500.
- If you have any questions regarding the terms of using the Service, please send a detailed message to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.