Veta is a trusted platform where people come together to create safer and cheerful communities. Veta enables you to interact with the real world, to engage with stories from around all your neighborhoods, and to explore news from any new location you visit.
We thank you for partnering with us, and we are optimistic that you will contribute regularly to make Veta a rich source of information for everyone. Lets bring people together!
Welcome to Veta!
- Veta Private Limited ("Veta," "we," "us" or "our")
- This Policy explains how we and some of the companies we work with collect, use, share and protect information in relation to website at www.veta.life, Veta applications (including mobile applications) made available by Veta, any software provided on or in connection with Veta and the services, features and content offered by Veta (together, "Service(s)"), and your choices about the collection and use of your information.
- By using our Service you understand and agree that we are providing a platform for you to share location based information, post content, including photos, videos, comments and other materials ("User Content"), to the Service and to share User Content publicly.
- Our Services are primarily designed to help you share information with your community and the world. Most of the information you provide us through the Services is information you are asking us to make public.
Collection of Information
Basic information and additional information you may provide us directly:
- Facebook®, Twitter®, or Google® usernames
- Your profile related information made available by Facebook®, Twitter®, or Google®
- Profile information that you may provide for your user profile such as your name, email address, phone number, and commonly used locations.
- User Content (e.g., incident reports, photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Veta.
- Veta may receive information about your location. For example, you may publish your location in your photos. You may also tell us your location when you setup your frequented locations.
- We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address.
- We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services, such as incident reports close to your frequented locations, and to improve and customize the Services, for example, with more relevant content like local trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to network.
Inviting friends to join Veta:
- If you choose to invite someone to the Service directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account, you understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, Veta does not have access to or control this communication.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service.
- We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- When you use our Services, we may receive information (“Log Data”) such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information.
- We receive Log Data when you interact with our Services, for example, when you visit our websites, sign into our Services, interact with our email notifications, use your account to authenticate to a third-party website or application, or visit a third-party service that includes a Veta button or widget.
- We may also receive Log Data when you click on, view or interact with links on our Services, including links to third-party applications, such as when you choose to install another application through Veta.
- Veta uses Log Data to provide, understand, and improve our Services, to make inferences, like what topics you may be interested in, and to customize the content we show you, including ads.
- We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Veta may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means.
- We do this to help improve our Services, to provide more relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
- When you use a mobile device to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Veta.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content.
- Certain features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data.
- This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
- If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using an API then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable.
- Basic information and additional information you may provide us directly:
Commitment To Data Security
- Veta uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Veta and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Veta makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. Please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- If Veta learns of a security systems breach, then we may, solely at our discretion, attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Veta may, solely at our discretion, post a notice on the Veta website or through the Service if a security breach occurs.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your account and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Veta, at all times.
- You may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Veta make to their services. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
Sharing of information:
- We share your Payment Information with payment services providers to process payments; prevent, detect and investigate fraud or other prohibited activities; facilitate dispute resolution such as chargebacks or refunds; and for other purposes associated with the acceptance of credit or debit cards.
Legal and Harm
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request, if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
- We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to address security or technical issues; to protect Veta’s rights and property; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
Storage of Information
- Veta, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- You may access your account settings to review, correct, delete, or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account.
- You may also use your account settings to control emails you receive from the Services. You may not opt-out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- Should you ever decide to delete your Services account, you may do so by deleting or uninstalling the Service from your device.
- Please note that users, search engines, other third parties, and our databases, may still retain your public information, like your incident reports, content uploaded, even after you have deleted your account.
Policy Towards Children
- Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important.
- For that reason, Veta does not knowingly collect or maintain information on the Service from persons under 13 years of age, with the only exception being, if such information is linked to or maintained under the child’s guardian or parent’s account. In this instance, the parent or guardian will be required to take ownership of the information, and maintain security and confidentiality of such information.
- With this particular exception, if Veta learns that information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected on the Service, then Veta may deactivate the account, and delete such information as quickly as possible.
- Please note that no part of the Service is directed to or intended to be used by persons under 13.
- If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service or access the website at www.veta.life at any time or in any manner.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.